I had the pleasure of finally trying out Velvet 59 for the first time last week! I discovered this indie beauty brand on Instagram a while back and was always intrigued with their gorgeous packaging and presentation, but never explored their collection as I kept getting sidetracked. I’m super excited to share my first product from Velvet 59 with you today — the Rose Metals Eyeshadow Palette ($45.00 for 12 g), a beautifully curated 8-pan palette with multi-functional shades that can be used as eyeshadows, blush, and highlight, thus, the word “hybrid” is imprinted on the cover.
The eyeshadows come in a black cardboard packaging that features a stunning rose cover art with metallic accents to perfectly go with the theme of the palette; that same metallic detailing is revealed on the inside of the palette as well. The pans are magnetic and can easily be removed if desired. These eye colors are vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free, talc-free, and gluten-free.
True to its name, this palette contains all shimmery shades with the exception of one satin color (Rose Silver). There’s a nice mix of cool and warm tones, which I really like, and I thought the pigmentation of these eyeshadows were lovely. The formulation and quality was consistent throughout all eight colors with these eyeshadows being smooth and vibrant when swatched and applied onto the eyes. The color payoff is true-to-pan and there were minimal fall-outs during application. These eyeshadows also adhered nicely to the skin and worked effortlessly with one another to create a well-blended, non-streaky finish. I really enjoyed working and wearing these eye colors, and loved their vividness and lasting power. In addition, the fact the Shakudo can be used as a blush and Passion Flower doubles up as a face highlight makes this palette a great traveling companion since it’ll eliminate the need to bring along additional face products — hooray for multi-functionality!
This palette includes the shades:
- Rose Silver – satin dusty rose with silver glitters
- 22K – shimmery bronze gold
- Persian Pink – shimmery purple taupe
- Metallic Rose – shimmery plum with a red undertone
- Sun Stone – shimmery burnt orange
- Moon Landing – metallic dark teal with silver glitters
- Shakudo – shimmery coral with a golden undertone (can be used as blush)
- Passion Flower – icy pale pink with a silvery sheen (great as face highlight)
Here’s the makeup look that I created with this palette:
- Shakudo – Crease
- Sun Stone – Crease / Lower Lash Line
- Metallic Rose – Inner & Outer Lid
- Persian Pink – Center Lid
- Passion Flower – Center Lid / Brow Bone / Tear Duct / Face Highlight
- Moon Landing – Lower Lash Line
The Rose Metals Eyeshadow Palette is available for purchase at Velvet59.Com.
(I received this product complimentary of Velvet 59 for reviewing purposes. The opinions are 100% my own.)