I’m so incredibly excited to share my first Halloween look of the year with you! I decided to join in on the fun and finally created this creepy crawler, spider inspired makeup look that I’ve been wanting to do since last year. I’m seriously obsessed with how this look turned out — it’s so freakin’ cool!
This look was super fun to do and wasn’t at all complicated like I thought it would. I took inspiration from various photos that I found online for the creation of the spider legs.
Once my base makeup was finished, I began to work on the black smokey eyes (I used only a matte black and matte brown eyeshadow for this). Since this look was inspired by the black widow spider, I really wanted to incorporate red into this makeup look, hence, the pop of red on the lower waterlines and the red ombre lips.
To create the spider legs, first, I used a nude highlighter pencil to trace out the shapes of the legs on my eye, which helps to get an idea of how I want them to look, then I traced over the lines with a black liquid eyeliner. The awesome thing about this step is that the lines doesn’t have to be perfect — play around with the length and shape. Once the legs are drawn, I used a white liquid eyeliner to create highlights on the legs. To top it all off, I used a small eyeliner brush to trace the matte black eyeshadow around each leg to create the shadow illusion for a more realistic effect.
I hope you like this spooky spider makeup look as much as I do! 🕷️
- Becca Cosmetics Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme in Shell
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer in Light Warm
- Rimmel London Stay Matte Loose Powder in Translucent
- N.Y.C. Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder in Sunny
- Billion Dollar Brows Brow Powder in Taupe, Brow Gel, and Brow Highlighter Pencil
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Morphe 35O2 Eyeshadow Palette
- Morphe Liquid Liner in Black Out
- Morphe Premium Lashes in Hot Stuff
- Prestige Cosmetics Liquid Eyeliner in Popstar
- Covergirl Melting Pout Matte Lipstick in Never Say Never
- Flirt Cosmetics Look At My Lips Matte Liquid Lipstick in Rosebud