Since I’m in a retro mood, I decided to recreate one of the most iconic makeup looks of the ’60s — yes, the “Twiggy.” You can do a quick internet search to see where my inspiration came from if you’re unfamiliar with the look I am referring to. Shortly put: doll-like eyes with loads of liner and lashes is what this look is all about.
It was in the spur of the moment to do this recreation. The original look had an intense lower lash moment, but I think I took it a step further with the extremeness of the black liner and false bottom lashes. I kind of like it, kind of don’t — I decided to post the look anyways, even though I’m not completely happy with the outcome (perfectionism issues) for the sake of the two hours of time and effort spent perfecting the liner’s symmetry and struggling with getting the bottom lashes on evenly. With makeup, it’s always fun to step out of my comfort zone and try new styles and techniques. After this, I’ll probably play around more with graphic eyeliner — I’m loving it.
- Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation (118)
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Illumination Waterproof Concealer (Light)
- Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder (Creamy Natural)
- NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder (Sunny)
- Clarins Water Lip Stain (Rose Water)
- Benefit Cosmetics Precisely, My Brow Pencil (4.5)
- Morphe Gel Liner (Jet)
- Clarins Ombre Sparkle Eyeshadow (Peach Girl)
- Zuna Beauty False Eyelashes (Fiery)
- Bottom Eyelashes (Unknown)